Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Berlin "Zoo" (Rhymes With Toe)

It's a sunny Sunday morning and we took a family trip to the Berlin Zoo. Instead of taking mass transit, we jumped into the Benz for the quick trip across town. Why not?!

Alice wants a better look
We spent about four hours walking around the zoo (they pronounce it like "toe"). It's a very clean zoo, where you can get very close to the animals. Our favorite part was the nocturnal section -- where Leah loved the bats and I liked the little sloth-like animals called Slow Lori. I'd love to take one home with me, though I'm not much of a night person, so it wouldn't be worth it.

Leah is one of the caged animals
They had several large playground areas, which we'll have to return to later in our stay and really explore.  One playground area was so big, I forgot we were in the middle of a zoo.

Lunch at the Berlin Zoo. Yum!
We ate lunch in one of the two zoo restaurants. It was very clean and the food was good. Even Leah, who is a picky eater, wolfed down the hot dog and red sauce that tasted a little like sweet curry. Carbonated beverages abound, it's been tough finding apple juice that is flat. Leah detests the "bubbles."

Tomorrow, Dave heads off to work and I have to turn into Super Stay At Home Mommy. I'm feeling a little unprepared for this. But, I think Alice would prefer more of a routine -- as being shuttled around for days is wearing on her. All evening, I've been plotting out some easy day trips and a schedule we can follow.

Daily Motto: Germans love bread, I love bread, therefore, I love Germany.

Tip: You can click on the photos to enlarge 

No comments:

Post a Comment