Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Forgot My iPod

I forgot my iPod -- after all my meticulous packing and lists, we left without it. I realized in the car on the way to the airport. I guess, there are worst things I could have forgotten.

But I love music. I NEED music. So, daily I miss my little iPod. Music soothes the savage beasts -- which includes my kiddos. We are a music family.

We've been making mixes for Leah since she was about 1-year-old and would scream in the car on the way to school in the morning. It started because a Coconut Records song ("West Coast") would calm her down. So, every few months, we make a new one for her. According to Leah, some songs are "tricky songs" and some are "turkey songs" but some don't fall into either category. We have yet to figure out a pattern.

In honor of my little green iPod, here's the playlist from Leah's (and Alice's) current car mix:

"Wilco (the Song)" Wilco (dubbed the "Coco" song by Alice)
"The Captain" Guster
"Closer to Fine" Indigo Girls (called, "The Two Girls Song)
"If I Had Eyed" Jack Johnson (or "The Eyes Song" -- this is a "tricky" song)
"Don't Let Me Down" The Beatles
"Cousins" Vampire Weekend (though Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa" is an old favorite)
"Here Comes Your Man" Pixies
"Heart Like a Kick Drum" Avett Brothers (the latest addition)

Rock on and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. so proud of the selections! do you want me to remind mom to bring your ipod when she comes to visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please!!! It's in the kitchen dock.

    And ask her to pick up an iPad while she's at it. I'm cursing myself for not purchasing one before we left. Argh!

    ReplyDelete