Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Get Me Home

Okay. I know I said how much fun we're having and what a privilege this whole experience has been. And it has been. We're so fortunate that we were able to do this, for a lot of reasons. But now, as the flight home gets closer and closer, I'm ready.

I'm ready to get my bed back. And my big kitchen (well, big compared to this Berlin apartment) filled with familiar food (Trader Joe's!). I'm ready to drop the kids off at day care so they can be with other kids that speak their language. I'm ready to see friends and family -- and gear up for holiday madness.

I've missed the end of my farmer's market, prime apple picking and the start of all the TV shows we watch (my DVR is jam-packed).

Okay, so in exchange I've seen Paris and Milan and gotten to know Berlin incredibly well. So, all good. But, yeah, I'll be happy to be home.

See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Forgot to mention Biggest Loser -- I miss my weekly dates with Mom to watch the fatties lose weight!

    ReplyDelete