Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Travel Day - Milan to Berlin

Another early wake-up time for us, but a quicker trip to the airport in the wee hours of morning.

At the airport, Dave and I decided we've had enough with the European-style breakfast of a baked good (eg. croissants/roll with jam) and a tiny glass of juice -- we're not coffee drinkers. In Dave's words: "I would punch someone in the face for an egg sandwich." And I believe him. (Though, I'm particularly jonsing for Cheerios.)

In the apartment watching a dvd
Once we got home -- and so strange to think of Berlin as "home" -- we had errands to run and piles of laundry to sort. The kids will be in some very interesting outfits until I can get all the laundry done.

I made currywurst for dinner with pommes frites (that translates to hot dogs and fries). The currywurst sauce is incredibly delicious. I will bring a jar home with me and will slather it on everything -- including my big American breakfast of scrambled eggs.

P.S. Happy Birthday Mom!!! See you on Thursday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment