Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The World Without the Internet

The access to the web went kaputt last Thursday and I've been feeling so isolated as a consequence. I'm lost! I can't believe we lived in a world without it. Seriously.

Not only have I not been able to update this lovely blog (though, not too many newsworthy things have been happening around here), but not checking in on email, hearing from friends/family, looking up information and even finding out the weather forecast. Not to mention, no access to work email -- which I committed to do everyday.

Argh!!!

We finally got a technician on the phone who can help. He's currently "looking into it" and offered to send an email when he's found the solution. Dave: "Um, I have no access to email. Can you call me?" Tech: "Oh, this makes sense."

Meanwhile, we escaped for the night to a Starbucks at the local mall for a romantic evening. Duel laptops, free wifi, a mug of hot chocolate and no eye contact. Ahhh, married life!

No comments:

Post a Comment