Wednesday, September 15, 2010

An American in Paris

One reason I have such a crush on Paris is that three movies from my Top 10 Favorite Movies of All Time list take place in Paris. One of them, I quoted earlier. And today, I happened upon this store...

Jesse and Celine Reconnect

In case you missed the film reference, Shakespeare and Company (or City Lights) is used in the movie "Before Sunset" -- the sequel to "After Sunset" with Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy. I'm not one to seek out movie sets, but this one was exciting to see. I took a moment and daydreamed about the film. 

"Amelie," which usually tops my Top 10 list, is the one exception. I would love to go to Montmarte and see a few of the landmarks in the film. But that area is all hills! And did I mention my stroller is the Heaviest of All Time? Not this trip. 

3 comments:

  1. The man standing off to the right was British and talking into a camera -- it sounded like he was filming the shop for some travel series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. never saw any of those films. umm i guess i need to see those before I come to paris! anything soccer related going on?? kisses to the peanuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've counted two Espana jerseys. And no French jerseys. Heh!
    And we drove past the football stadium on our way in. Very fancy!

    ReplyDelete