Friday, September 17, 2010

Back in Berlin!

Dave had to drag me kicking and screaming into the airport-bound taxi, where I then spent the entire 30-minute ride comparing my beloved Paris to all the second-rate cities I've visited. Sadly, it wasn't a long list.

Ahh, Paris. We Miss You Already
I did give the classic Paris vs. London argument some thought, -- but eventually had to give the title to Paris, since the weather is much better. Though, bonus points to London for hanging on to its monarchy. Wouldn't France be cooler if there was a king and queen roaming about, living in one of those palaces? Maybe they're looking for one, in which case, I volunteer!

Back in Berlin, we picked up our rental car -- as we now start our long stretch in Germany. "Oh lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz." Oooohhhh jyeah, that's right! We're driving an C-class. My VW Rabbit at home is now dumpsville.

We made it back to the apartment with not a scratch added to our hot ride, and once the kiddies were settled in, I ventured out into the great beyond for some essentials. Like soap. And bread. I choose the Kaiser, the neighborhood market we didn't check out last week and was very overwhelmed by my choices -- most I couldn't quickly identify. I only got a handful of goods, but plan on returning this weekend, once my head stops spinning, to collect more basics.

Thankfully, a weekend is here so we can organize for the coming weeks. What would a stay at home moms do all day if she were in a foreign city?

Beats me!

2 comments:

  1. do they have any american brands at the market? like kraft or general mills, they have to have cheerios!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Cheerios! They have brands like Dannon and Nestle. That's about all I recognize.

    ReplyDelete