Monday, September 13, 2010

Put My Money Where My Mouth Is

Which reminds me ... holy cow was I scared getting into the car and leaving the house with 5 suitcases, three carry-ons and the two most precious things I have -- Leah and Alice. (And David, too!)

It has always been a dream of mine to live in Europe. It's was an ambition Dave and I shared but never thought we'd do.

And now, here I was dragging my kids away from their routines, cousins, beloved grandparents, toys (!) and taking them on this adventure that they might not want. Might not even enjoy. Not to mention the worries over safety. Comfort. Natural disasters! Oye!

But now it was time. The opportunity was there. And we jumped. Put my money where my mouth is. I've always wanted this, so suck it up, right?

Then, as we were pulling out of the driveway and I felt near vomiting, I looked at this incredibly huge smile on Leah's face. "I'm so excited, Mommy!"

Yeah, she's my kid alright!

2 comments:

  1. haha. i bet that made it all worth it right there, just seeing her smile i bet made you relax a little. have no worries jess, you will ALL have a great experience! you are an example to us all: in that no matter where you are in life, and/or how stuck in a routine you could be, there is always a chance to roll the dice and shake things up! Mazeltov! be safe, we all love you and cant wait to hear about all of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Mrs. Bennett would say, "Take every opportunity of enjoying yourself!"

    ReplyDelete