Monday, September 13, 2010

We've Landed!

I have to pinch myself, because I can't believe I'm here! After so many months of planning...

The journey wasn't a total nightmare, but it did have plenty of tantrums and challenges. We left at 5:55pm, and arrived at around 1:30am -- 7:30am local time. So we were hoping to sleep on the flight. Leah struggled but fell asleep pretty quickly. Alice circled around her seat for almost an hour. She was desperate for sleep, so it was almost painful to watch her many attempts to get comfortable. And then, when she did fall asleep, it was a restless sleep.  I was constantly catching her before she fell off the front of seat, or slid under the armrest to the aisle. So, it wasn't the relaxing flight I had hoped for. On the brightside, no one cried and woke up half the plan.

View from the Living Room window
Our apartment on the top floor of the building - 9th! Five rooms off a main hallway. The kitchen is adorable - very European-like. And tall wardrobes in all the rooms. Everything is clean and new-looking. Very functional.

We all took long naps once we were unpacked and comfortable. Then, we loaded up the stroller and took a walk around the neighborhood. We're in a very residential part of the city. And there are several embassys nearby. Lots of grocery stores that we checked out. And a gigantic park we'll be sure to return to.

We got sandwiches for dinner, chicken and eggs. And some kind of sausage on a roll. I practiced my German! Danku!

The weather is fall-like. Warm sun and cool breeze. It was a bit rainy today -- just like home.

I better get back to packing for Paris. And get the kids to bed -- even though it's 1:51pm their time!

No comments:

Post a Comment