Friday, October 8, 2010

Milan Day 3 - Self Indulgence

So, not much to report on on this day. We ARE on vacation, after all.

We had a very messy breakfast at a little cafe. The owner just wanted us out, though he was being very kind about. Croissants and kids = crumbs. Do Italian kids find the same equation to be true? I'd like to know.

Afterwards, we wondered through a grocery store -- just to see what kind of food they had. Lots of bread, cheese and ham. I'm convinced they eat no other food product here. Not that I'm complaining.

We also found a fantastic little toy store that was well-priced and full of adorable little things. Leah and Alice both got little dolls and other goodies to play with. I also found some holiday gifts for my nieces. Oddly, I have yet to final a similar toy store in Berlin.

Leah riding the airplane
Then, we spent the afternoon in the park, following the familiar pattern of events I talked about in Day 2. Routine is good, right?

Italians love kids, as no other city we've been to does. Strangers often come up and talk to the kids. Alice gets a kind smile and a head pat several times a day. If, for no other reason, this would be a great country to return to. Though, it would be nice to think our next trip will be sans kids.

Lastly, I left my tour book at a neighboring hotel while inviting the new friends we met at the park to join us on our Lake Como adventure. I returned today to pick it up and they didn't have it. How annoying! I had notes in the margins and destinations circled. So, will need to find a bookstore selling English tourbooks STAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment