Friday, October 22, 2010

One More Week Until Bye-Bye Berlin!

We're leaving in a week from today, heading home in time for Halloween. In a week, this adventure will be over.

I'm divided about leaving. On the one hand, I'm looking forward to all the comforts of my home and everything I'm used to. On the other hand, this has been a very worthwhile adventure. All that we had to deal with (mostly, the Dr. Jekyl/Mr.Hyde mood-swings of a 2-year-old and a 4-year-old in a foreign country) as been nothing compared to all we got to see and do. And the challenge of it all -- tiring but so much fun.

I now have a preschooler who can spot the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame, who can say please and thank you in three languages. And a 2-year-old who will forever be talking about the Milan carousel and the car she loved to ride. Not to mention their new obsession with ice cream.

And I have tons of stories, memories and pictures that will make a kick-ass holiday card. (Watch your mailboxes!)

Needless to say, I would do this all over again.

In the meantime, I've put together a list of things I have yet to do and see. With one more weekend to fill with final Berlin sights.

Then, it will be all over. Who knew seven weeks can go by so fast!?

No comments:

Post a Comment